Holi never comes alone. In its train it brings bright hues of sunshine yellows, emerald greens, peppy pinks, and deep reds, along with loads of sweets and desserts. The next day is an altogether different story, when you think how to remove Holi color from various places at home, clothes, skin, and hair. In addition, chemicals in Holi colors also cause havoc on your skin and hair. So, you need some goof-proof tips that guide you how to take care of skin and hair after Holi. Most of the times, cleaning becomes a Herculean task but with the following Holi care tips, you are covered. Get, set, go…
How to Clean Holi Color from Face
Usually, people are of the opinion that to remove Holi color from face, face washes are good enough but it is not so. By counting on these as solutions to get rid of Holi color from face, you may get skin problems. So, here are some quick tips to remove Holi colors from face, straight from skin care experts –
Use plain water to thoroughly rinse your face, followed by a soft massage with a cleansing lotion. Wipe off the excess lotion with a damp cotton. Don’t forget to take care of eye area by cleansing it with light strokes.
Home remedies to remove Holi colors from face never go wrong. Here are the best ones:
1. Begin with a homemade cleanser. Prepare it by mixing half a cup of cold milk and a teaspoon olive oil. Cleanse your skin with this mixture by using a cotton ball.
2. Mix a tablespoon of gram flour and aloe vera gel each with a teaspoon curd. Smear it on face for 20 good minutes and wash off with plain water.
3. You can also remove color from face after Holi with aloevera gel. It moisturizes, relieves dryness, and soothes sun burn as has anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Take half cup curd, two tablespoons of honey, and a pinch of turmeric. Mix well and apply on your face, neck, and arms. Wash off after 20 minutes. This is an amazing method to get rid of Holi color on face after the festival, which not only removes color but also softens the skin.
5. If the color has entered your eyes, splash with plenty of plain water and drop some rose water. This is a simple yet effective treatment for Holi color in eyes.
Apply DIY Face Packs
DIY (Do It Yourself) packs are also great to remove Holi color from face at home. The hand-picked ones are:
1. Make a paste using 1 teaspoon almond powder, 1 teaspoon honey, and a few drops of lemon juice with milk. Apply it on your face and neck for 15-20 minutes before washing it off. This is one of the great options to remove Holi color from face with home remedies for people with dry skin.
2. For oily skinned people, a mix of dried orange peel, a few drops of lemon juice, a teaspoon of masoor dal, and a teaspoon of rosewater works wonders. Wait for the pack to dry after you have applied it on your face and then gently rub it off, followed by splashes of plain water. This is another awesome approach to remove Holi colors from face naturally.
3. With a cotton ball, apply coconut oil all over your face and neck to take out colors. By doing so, you will be gently taking off the harsh colors and chemicals off your face.
Tip:Do not rub your face too much or wash it time and again as it will only leave your face dry and itchy. Remember this as a foremost point among beauty tips for Holi.
Post Holi Skin Care Tips
When the festivities and color splashing sessions are over, you can easily remove Holi colors from skin with items that are already there in your kitchen. Here are some easy-breezy methods to take good care of your skin after Holi. With these skin care tips after Holi, you must ensure when following the post-Holi skin care rituals.
1. Never use chemical-based soaps for removal of colors from your skin as the chemicals cause more harm than benefit. Instead, use natural and herbal soaps.
Dab your skin with olive oil and massage gently.
2. To remove colors like oil paints, apply coconut or mustard oil with cotton and rinse off gently.
3. For those with sensitive skin, a paste of milk and turmeric is great for Holi skin care, which is nourishing.
4. A more soothing mask is prepared by mixing ingredients like sandalwood, rosewater, and turmeric that nourishes the skin from inside. You can continue using this mask till there is no trace left of Holi colors.
5. An enriching post Holi skin careregime can be set up by continuous use of a nourishing mask made of curd, white flour, sandalwood, and fuller’s earth.
Don’t scrub yourself too hard, if the colors don’t come off easily. It makes skin dry and can also result in peeling. Vigorous rubbing to force clean colors should be avoided at every cost as it results in dryness and skin irritation.
Post Holi Hair Care
Here are somehair care tips for Holi that will remove colors as well as lessen the damage caused by chemicals:
1. Apply a nourishing pack of egg yolk or curd on your hair. Let it sit for 45 minutes and shampoo your hair.
2. Use beer mixed with lemon juice before the last rinse to remove Holi color from hair. Make sure that you allow the mixture to rest on your hair and scalp for a few minutes before rinsing it off with plain water.
3. If the color on your hair has turned stubborn, you can get rid of it by applying a mixture of curd and lemon juice to your hair. Keep it for 20 minutes or so and rinse it with a mild shampoo.
4. Homemade shampoo is the best remedy to get Holi powder out of hair. To make this shampoo, soak reetha, amla, and shikakai in water overnight. In the morning, boil it well, strain, and fill in the bottle. Your chemical-free shampoo for healthy hair is ready. Even if you have oiled your hair before Holi, the shampoo will wash it out with colors.
5. If your scalp has turned itchy after Holi, use a homemade neem hair oil for relief. To make this oil, take 250 ml coconut oil or alternatively sesame seed oil, and throw in some neem leaves. Now, keep this oil in sun for 4-5 days. Strain and use as after Holi hair care.
6. After few days of Holi, treat your hair with a wholesome mask. To prepare this air mask, take a tablespoon of coconut oil with one teaspoon castor oil. Mix it, heat it, and apply on hair. Now, soak a towel in lukewarm water, squeeze, and wrap your head with it. Repeat the hot towel wrap thrice or four times, every 5 minutes. After 60 minutes of this nourishing treatment, wash your hair.
7. Apply an enriching post Holi hair mask to keep hair damage at bay. Mix methi seeds powder and curd to make this mask. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes, followed by washing it with a mild shampoo.
Never shampoo your hair immediately after playing Holi. Rinse with plain water and apply soothing items on it like curd or milk, followed by washing it with a mild or herbal shampoo. This is among the important hair safety tips to safeguard your hair and scalp from harsh effects of chemical based Holi colors.
Handy Holi Tips for Skin and Hair
1. To stay safe from harmful effects of Holi colors, never take up any skin or hair treatment such as bleach, hair color, facial for a week or two after Holi.
2. As chemical-laden colors abuse your skin and hair, make your diet rich in antioxidants to combat the abuse and regain healthy hair and skin.
Holi Color Removal from Nails
Although, you have almost washed out colors from your skin and hair, nails are sometimes left painted with unwanted hues. Here are a few ideas to remove Holi color stains from your nails –
1. If you have applied a coat of nail polish before playing Holi, the colors would come out easily. In case, you have not and the colors are stubborn now, take some lukewarm water and add a little vinegar or almond oil in it. Soak your hands in it to get rid of Holi colorsfrom your nails.
2. Don’t apply nail color for some days and keep your hands nourished.
Remove Holi Color from Clothes
After superb celebrations, comes up the monumental task toremove Holi color stains from clothes. If you have enjoyed the festival in clothes, you already wanted to discard, no problem. But, if your good clothes are stained, it is troublesome. Ensure that your stained garment doesn’t need any sort of professional cleaning.
Also, pre-treatment is necessary, which is done in two ways – soaking and spot treatment, before washing clothes as usual. Here are some quick tips to remove Holi colors from clothes –
1. White vinegar: Soak clothes in a solution of a teaspoon detergent and half a cup of white vinegar to pull off colors from your clothes.
2. Lemon juice: Use of lemon juice is among the best home remedies to remove Holi colors from clothes. Soak the stained part in lemon juice for 15 minutes. Wash as you normally do.
3. Methylated spirits (alcohol): Gently rub some undiluted alcohol on the stain and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
4. Bleach: To remove Holi colors from white clothes, simply soak them in hot water with non-chlorine bleach. Wash and dry separately.
Use these tips to remove Holi color stains from clothes at home –
1. Wash stained clothes at the possible earliest. The longer it stays, the more difficult it becomes to be removed.
2. Soaked amchur powder also does the trick.
3. Never mix two stain-removal products.
4. Always use cold water to remove colors as hot water makes it difficult.
5. Never use chlorine bleach on colored garments as it discolors the fabric.
Hopefully, these tips will help you to make your clothes stain-free. After clearing the stains, don’t forget to give your clothes a proper wash.
Therefore, don’t worry. With the above mentioned Holi color remover tips and tricks, you can relax and safely get rid of Holi colors off your skin, hair, nails, and clothes. How did these hacks treat you? Do let me know in the comments section below 🙂